Windmill Ranch Preserve

Monday, August 21, 2006

If Dove Season Started Today...

If dove season started today, we'd slay 'em like they do down in Mexico. I'm not kiddin. Barney Fife w/ his one bullet could knock 10 of 'em out of the sky.
I have no idea what's going on, but they are every where. I drove to church last Sunday and crept along because I couldn't believe my eyes. I promise I'm not exaggerating. First, a flock of 10 flew over my truck. Then, a flock of 5ish flew over. Then, a flock of 10-15. Then, a flock of 10ish. Then, I turned the corner and no less than 10 were resting on the power lines.
You gotta come out here. I dunno if they'll be out here opening weekend, but they're sure here now. Here's what I've done to make it easier on you, the hunter... I've cut out at least 10-areas. There's a trail leading to trees (or cover), then there's a big circle to shoot over. That way when ya hit 'em, you can find 'em. Next, I'm going to our two tank and clearing out areas.
I hope you're here for the season b/c I don't know if I know can shoot my limit (easily), but I don't know if I can eat my limit.
Give me a call.. 325.573.1200.
Bill Robertson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home