Windmill Ranch Preserve

Monday, September 11, 2006

Busy shootin' & workin'

Hi everybody.. it's been a long time since my last blog. I thought I'd update ya on the latest events.
The biggest and certainly the most important for me is.. the family came and went. It's tremendously upsetting--but neither I nor the ranch was for them. So many days/hours pass that I wish my wife and kids were here to see the hawks, the dove, the bobcats, the rabbits, the coyotes, the ducks, the turkeys.. the pool (under construction).. etc. But, they're back in Tennessee and happy. Stay tuned for the next update.
As for the ranch.. whew, I've been swamped. Dove season started last weekend and we've had great groups both opening weekend and this latest weekend.
The dove are flying.. big time. The fun part is, I've gotten up early for the past 4 weeks to 'scout' birds. Then in the evening, Max (remember he knows nothing about plumbing) and I have scouted the tanks and the fields.
As one customer put it this past Saturday, "I'm 150% satisfied. I never thought I'd pay this amount, get to take a nap, watch football and get my limit."
We just had some severe weather roll through this morning. The birds slowed down, but it's only a matter of time till they pick up again.
You gotta come out here, either for a day hunt or overnight adventure. I promise, we can customize anything you want.
Hope to see you soon.
Bill Robertson, Ranch Mgr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home