Windmill Ranch Preserve

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My First Time

Hi everybody! I put up a deer feeder today and it got me thinking. I thought, 'this is a first. I seen 'em. I've heard about 'em. I've even hunted near one. But I've never actually installed a deer feeder.'
Well, that got me to thinking about all the other 'firsts' out here on the ranch. So bear w/ me. This is list is in no particular order.
1. Deer feeder
2. Assisted a welder
3. Operated a tractor with a box blade, shredder, front end loader (not all at the same time)
4. Cleaned doves
5. Shot doves (obviously #4 & #5 are backwards)
6. Ordered a swimming pool pump online
7. Installed a swimming pool pump
8. Used a radial saw
9. Hammered w/ a nail gun
10. Collected yards and yards and yards of free mulch and spread it with a single shovel
11. Guided a dove hunt
12. Collected mesquite for a BBQ.
13. Ripped plaster down from walls and ceilings
14. Attended small business meetings
15. Killed a skunk
16. Saved a roadrunner
17. Spotted baby raccoons
18. Started a garden
19. "broomed" tomatoes
20. Constructed a 'turnaround' from caliche
21. Constructed a 'turnaround centerpiece' out of caliche, cedar and mortar
22. Used an electric toilet
23. Checked a septic tank
24. Built a rock patio, 6,000lbs
25. Twisted my back.. down for two days
26. Worked side by side in a big demolition project with my children.
27. Worked side by side with my wife on a decorating project (I mostly handed her materials)
28. Sealed a concrete tank to make a water event
29. Created a water pond, using three galvanized livestock watering tanks
30. Cleaned out, not one but two, concrete water tanks
31. Fixed a busted water line.. twice!

That's all have time for. I have another first this morning.. but it's not makin' the list til it's finished.
Come visit. Check out all the first.
Bill Robertson
Ranch Manager

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home