Windmill Ranch Preserve

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Deer Feeders & The New Deck

Hola everybody! We've just added a few new things to jazz up your enjoyment at WRP. They are a massive, fine, two level deck around our soon to be completed swimming pool and deer feeders.

Deer feeders?! Huh? What's the big deal? I tell ya what's the big deal for me and maybe it'll ring true for you too.

I live in the country now. But for most of my life, I was a city boy. My idea of seeing wildlife was the neighbor's dog running loose or possibly roadkill on the side of the road. Now, I'm seeing everything 1,000 acres has to offer: deer, turkey, quail, dove, bobcats, coyotes, hawks, owls, ducks, cranes, scissortails..

The deer feeders (3 of 'em) are just going to increase the eyewitness possibilities. But as I learned the hard way, don't stand too close to a feeder when the motor goes off or you get peppered with cracked corn. I bet even Jimmy wouldn't like that.

As for the big deck, it's amazing what you can see when you get three feet off the ground. Then, it's really fun to when you step up to five feet off the ground. The view is tremendous!!!

I can't wait for it's completion. I want to enjoy early morning coffee or late afternoon fun while watching the sunrise or sunset. Talk about relaxing. It'll be like that relaxing feeling when all the bills are paid, the kids are spending the night out, you're favorite movie's on TV and you don't have to be anywhere the next day... you know, those times when you're mind and body get into sync and you just sit back w/out a care in the world.. at least for a lil' while.
Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve
Snyder, Texas
325.573.1200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home