Windmill Ranch Preserve

Monday, September 03, 2007

Rolling Thunder

I'm getting a tatoo and a Harley! My kids went to a fish fry in Tennessee. I went to a biker bar/restaurant to hear some great live music and enjoy brisket and watermelon.
In a previous blog (long, long ago), I wrote about a great live music joint called Jesse Jane's. It's still there in Justiceburg (25 minutes from the ranch). Now, there's a new place to go on the weekends in Fluvanna, also about 25 minutes from the ranch.
It's called Rolling Thunder. It's a local businessman's personal property compound. In fact, I found out my grand dad built the main house many years ago. Max, Gail and I ventured up there yesterday for the grand opening.
And I gotta tell you, it's great. They have outdoor seating, the birds are flying over head, good food and lots of bikers. That's where I got my inspiration. In fact, I even got some pearls of HOG WISDOM from a fella wearing lots of leather with a patch that read, "Loud Pipes Save Lives."
The bottom line is, I should get a Sportser. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I got the impression it's the smallest Harley. I think my biker buddy recommended the Sportster b/c I asked how much different is than riding my Honda 100 dirt bike.
Seriously though, Rolling Thunder is a great new place in the desert with a good crowd. The band we heard was Lawless Flatz. If you get the chance, go see them.
As for the tatoo, I think I'll get one that says "Mother".
Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve
325.573.1200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home