Windmill Ranch Preserve

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It doesn't get better than this...

I'll give you $1,000,000 if you can beat my afternoon. Of course, I'm kidding. I can't give you $1,000,000, but I can give you a priceless, unforgettable time away from the rat race.
Right now, it's 6:52pm on a Tuesday. I've had a full day.. got lots done. Now, I'm just kinda chillin'.
About the only thing I need to worry about is.. where to chill. I just walked in from watching doves on the line and the scissortail duke it out on the southwest horizon. That was after I took a seat in the shade at one of our three picnic tables. That was after, I sat on the front porch and watched the sun slowly begin to set. That was after, I flipped through the channels in our pavilion and watched a lil' ESPN. But before that, I walked down to Tent #3, felt the breeze and heard the windmill kick into gear. Did I mention that now it's only 6:55pm?
I've been in the Rat Race. For years, I thought it was the only choice. Ask anyone in my family. Not so. This place, Windmill Ranch Preserve feels like it's locked in time... certain things happen every day, but each day they're different.
We had a good rain yesterday. Now, the sky's a deep, indescribable blue. The wind's shifted out of the north. The sun's going down a few minutes earlier. The wildlife's making it's changes, too.
I sure wish you'd come visit. I can't give you a $1,000,000, but I bet you'll feel like a million when you get here.
Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve
325.573.1200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home