Windmill Ranch Preserve

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Prayers for Daniel

Hi everybody. So many times I write about daily events out here on the ranch or around Snyder. But this time, I'm compelled to ask for a favor and tell you a story. Some of it's very sad. Some of it is inspirational. Some of it is funny. All of it is on GOD'S hands and that's where you're needed.
I want to tell you about a wonderful young man named Daniel. I met him a few years ago at the baseball fields in Franklin, TN. He came up to me with this wonderful, contagious smile. Quickly, I realized this is a boy worth knowing. He's the type of fella that makes you realize he's the real deal. He's what life's about. He's the kind of boy who made me realize; I'm a better person for knowing you.
You see, Daniel is ill now. He's in a Cincy hospital going through some very serious surgery. He's been up there for a long time. I don't feel comfortable sharing details because I know his wonderful parents and respect their privacy. In fact, I've told my boys if you ever want a good example of being a man, be like Mr. Tommy (Daniel's dad). Suffice it to say, it breaks my heart to see this young man possibly scared, possibly worried, missing his buddies, possibly not laughing.
I mean I cannot explain the wonderful impact Daniel has on EVERYONE. He's the type of boy we all ask about. His parents are the type who've constantly integrated Daniel into everything they do.
The best story I've heard is this.. Tommy, Daniel and his little brother Gatlin love to hunt. Tommy tells about the days of changing their diapers in a duck blind. It's wonderful stuff.
Now my friend, Daniel, needs our prayers. His mom and dad are the best. Daniel's already gone through one very time consuming, serious operation in Cincy, but it didn't work. Now, he's waiting for another. It's pretty serious too.
Recently, the parents called Gatlin (the little brother) to give a very complete update. They worried over their decision. They grieved over their actions. They had to tell Gatlin that the first operation didn't work as hoped. Now, they had to wait and Daniel must endure even more.
According to the story I heard, there was a long pause in the conversation. Then Gat said, "can I ask you an important question"? His mom said, "sure." He then asked, "do you have to pay for that first surgery since it didn't work"?
I almost wet my pants when I read the emailed update to me. I hope you find a young child's reaction funny, a young boy's situation worth your thoughts and a family's need worthy of your prayers.
The young boy is Daniel Jones. He's currently at the Cinncinati Children's Hospital. His mom and dad are Karen and Tommy. And his little, wonderful brother is Gatlin.
They're all my friends. I'm a better person for knowing them. Please, keep them in your hearts and prayers.
Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    well there's not much else to say. you nailed it as best as anyone can. he is such an amazing person who is going through ife leaving blessings with every person he comes in contact with and he doesn't even realize. Daniel is nothing short of an angel sent from heaven and now he needs prayer, love, and support. Please keep him in your thoughts

    Georgia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home