Windmill Ranch Preserve

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rainy Sundays

I don't know about you, but give me a rainy Sunday, on any given Sunday. A drizzly, damp, breezy, overcast, comfortable, gray sky, dripping water off gutters kind of Sunday is like chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream for me. It's pratically perfect in every way.
I don't know how many people I've told this, probably a few, but if I were King--the week in weather would unfold like this. Sundays would be just like today, a little drizzly--nothing severe. Monday's (who likes a Monday) would be mildy violent. Nothing dangerous or harmful, just a touch of 'EDGE' in the air, some thunder, a strong breeze. Tuesday's would calm down, but still be overcast with persistent, if not consistent drizzle. By Wednesday, it's cool. The morning's kind of hazy, maybe a touch of rain. But by Thursday morning, the skies begin to clear. And by Thursday noon through Saturday night... all's good.
Crazy, I know but it's days like today that have me enjoying the plain, old good stuff. Here I sit, writing this blog. There's nothing special about it. I could be in NYC. Still, the rain (drizzle) delivers a calmness, a quietness (except for a loud Bob White Quail).
It's really a time out here @ the ranch to just rusticate, enjoy what's in front of me or you. I think it's what I dreamed about when I escaped from the corporate world. I thought, I'll live on a ranch, everything will go @ a 'ranch pace.'
Well, the truth is; yes, everything goes @ a 'ranch pace', but if you expect to make a living--you better not sit down too long. The rain/drizzle gives me an excuse to sit down. It gives me a reason to put all those 'important projects' on hold. Sure, it'll put me behind. But at the time, it gives me a reason to remember... to remember the whole reason why I wanted to escape Corporate America and live the 'cowboy lifestyle.'
So if you get a weekend, c'mon out. I can't promise it'll rain. But if it does, the wonderful quietness is like a Christmas bonus. That is, you hoped for it, but didn't plan on it. And now that you have it, enjoy it til' it runs out.
Thanks
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home