Windmill Ranch Preserve

Friday, October 13, 2006

Town & Country, The Epiphany

I just had an epiphany, thanks to a young, out of town visitor. I think I may have given many people the wrong impression, albeit a peaceful impression.
Many times in my blogs I've talked about nature's this and nature's that. I think I even entitled one blog, "Nature's Wake-up Call." My point is, I concentrated on the simplistic, wonderful life of living in the country.
Unwittingly, I may have given some readers the impression that Windmill Ranch Preserve is in the wild west Texas sticks and anyone who lives in this area has more tractors or livestock than teeth.
For example, this young visitor asked: "Where to y'all do your shopping? Do you have any markets to buy your groceries?"
The truth is, we have a fine UNITED grocery with polished concrete floors, a deli section, a pharmacy, even books.
Then, this innocent visitor asked;" Do the kids go to school?"
In fact, Snyder has a triple-A high school, a pretty big junior high school and the city's building a behemoth elementary school. We even have a college... Western Texas College with a pretty famous rodeo team.
Another good question was, "do y'all have toilets at the ranch?"
I promise we have toilets, two kinds in fact. We have the standard white toilets in most homes and we have state of the art electric potties in our incredible walled tents.
We also have a hospital, a world famous taxidermist, an airport, a chamber of commerce, many restaurants, several motels, county government, a vital role in wild west buffalo history, a museum, a movie theater, a bowling alley, more than one lumber yard, a lot of banks, a Wal-Mart, a CVS pharmacy, a town square and more.
I've lived in many cities. Some bigger than others. If I've given the wrong impression of Snyder and the Windmill Ranch it is completely unintentional. I try to never say never, but it'd have to be pretty incredible circumstances for me to return to the 'rat race.'
We have just about everything you need here the ranch and in Snyder and many things you want, too. It's kind of like that old TV commercial... "try it---you'll like it."
Visitors and new residents are always welcome. Come for a weekend or a lifetime. See what you're missing.
By the way, even this young visitor said... "Wow, look at that sunset."
Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve
325.573.1200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home