Windmill Ranch Preserve

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Ranch & the Space Station

I just saw something I bet you didn't see.

I just saw the international space station flying overhead the Windmill Ranch Preserve. Not only did I see it, I heard it too--clear as a bell.

I friend of ours called to talk about the price of iron. In signing off he said, "by the way, go outside @ 7:47 and look in the southwest sky. The int'l Space Station will fly overhead. It'll look like a star, only moving.

So, we turned out the lights and looked to the southwest. And, there is was. At first, it wasn't exactly what I expected. It was moving with lights blinking. It kinda looked like a plane. But, I watched it with a lot of oohs and aahs.

Then, Terry, the friend, called. He exclaimed, "see it!"
I said, "yeah, low in the sky."
This time, he exclaimed with a little more enthusiam, "No!! Look straight up!"
"Oh... yeah... WOW!!!! There it is! I see it", I yelled back into the phone.

If that's not enough, I could hear it too.

Just like Terry said it would, the int'l space station zoomed from northwest to southeast, clear as a bell.

Good thing he called back to tell me to look up. Otherwise, I would have thought a passing Cessna with blinking lights was a scientific crowning achievement passing overhead.

Bill Robertson
Mgr., Windmill Ranch Preserve
325.573.1200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home